kayoSure Bowie Dick Test Paper A4
- 134°C for 3.5 mins
- Lead-free and NO Toxic Heavy Metals.
- Color Change – Pink to Black.
- Comply with ISO 11140-1, TYPE 2.
- Indicator Sheet can be kept for Record.
Indications For Use : The Kayo Sure Bowie-Dick Test Pack is for daily monitoring of pre-vacuum steam sterilizers operating at 134°C for 3.5 minutes.
Color Change The indicator will change from Pink to Black when exposed to steam sterilization cycle with acceptable vacuum cycles.
Directions For Use :
The Bowie-Dick Test is conducted each day in an empty sterilizer prior to processing any loads.
1. Run a shortened cycle (omitting the drying phase) to properly heat the sterilizer.
2. Place the test pack on the bottom rack of the sterilizer nearest to the drain.
3. Run the sterilizer for 3.5 minutes at 134°C
4. Remove the test pack from the sterilizer and allow the pack to cool. Do not place on a cold surface. Pull easy open zip tab across box front to open.
Interpretation 1. If the sterilizer is functioning properly, the indicator will show a uniform color changed to Black through out the universal pattern. The PASS result is a universal Black colour all over the uniform pattern of the indicator sheet.
2. When a significant amount of residual air is present, the indicator shows a Pink area in the center/around the edges. The FAIL condition will not be uniform colour in the center or edges and some pink shade will exist over the sheet.
Storage Store unexposed packs at normal room temperature 15°– 30°C and store exposed indicator sheets away from light sources
Lot Number :
Lot Number, Expiry Date & Manufacture Date : LOT No., Expiry Date and Manufacture Date is printed on each indicator sheet. , Expiry Date & Manufacture Date