Spore Strips (EO)
Bacillus atrophaeus (ATCC 9372)– For use in Ethylene Oxide (600 mg/L) and Dry Heat Sterilization. After exposure to sterilant, incubate strips at 30-35°C.
Kayospore Biological Indicator Spore Strips consists of bacterial spores of Bacillus atrophaeus ATCC 9372 inoculated onto a paper after filter carrier contained within a medical grade paper for use in Ethylene Oxide and Dry Heat sterilization. The spore strip is removed from the load and aseptically transferred into appropriate microbiological culture medium.
MINIMUM POPULATION: 1.0 X 106
PACK SIZE: One Pack of 100 Nos.
SPORE CARRIER: 6.5mm X 38mm
SHELF LIFE: 18 months
Instructions for use :
- After sterilization and aeration processing has been completed according to the sterilization manufacturer’s instructions, On completion of sterilization cycle, spore strip is removed from the load and aseptically transferred into appropriate microbiological culture medium. Using sterile scissors, cut open end envelope.
- Thereafter remove the indicator with Sterile tweezers and aseptically transfer It to a tube of Sterile Soyabean Casein Digest Medium.
- A standard procedure should be established for the routine evaluation of each sterilizer.
- Kayospore Biological Indicator Spore Strips Cultures of Bacillus atrophaeus must be autoclaved at 121° C for at least 30 minutes prior to discarding.
Activation, Incubation and Result :
- Number of spores present per strip: 10, these organism are difficult to destroy because they are more resistant to heat than other vegetative bacteria and viruses. Therefore, if they are destroyed during sterilization, it is assumed that all other life forms are also destroyed. So transfer each spore strips into a tube containing Soybean Casein Digest Medium.
- This tubes should be placed in the incubator immediately after the strips are cultured. Their placement in an optimized growth environment is necessary to gain accurate results.
- Incubate at 30-35°C for 7 days, regularly checking for spore growth. Results should be read no later than 7 days after incubation.
- Clear medium indicates that the spores were killed in the sterilization process. The appearance of turbidity indicates Bacterial Growth (Positive). Any positive result, should be reported immediately to a supervisor and sterilizers taken out of service until resolved
Environmental Limitations : Storage: 60-80° F, 30-70 % RH, away from sterilizing agents, avoid Sunlight and all other forms of UV light.
|Use||Spore Strips (EO)|
|Minimum population||1.0 X 106|
|Pack size||One Pack of 100 Nos|
|Shelf life||18 months|
|Spore Carrier||6.5mm X 38mm Strip|