Spore Strips (Dual)
Biological Indicator Dual Spore Strips consists of bacterial spores of Geobacillus Stearothermophilus ATCC 7953 and Bacillus atrophaeus spores ATCC 9372. For use in Steam/EO/Dry Heat Sterilization.
Kayospore Biological Indicator Spore Strips consists of bacterial spores of Geobacillus Stearothermophilus ATCC 7953 and Bacillus atrophaeus spores ATCC 9372 inoculated onto a paper after filter carrier contained within a medical grade paper for use in steam sterilization. The spore strip is removed from the load and aseptically transferred into appropriate microbiological culture medium.
MINIMUM POPULATION: 1.0 X 106
PACK SIZE: One Pack of 100 Nos.
SPORE CARRIER: 6.5mm X 38mm
SHELF LIFE: 18 months
Instructions for use :
- Place indicators in the areas of the pack or load least accessible to steam. Places such as the geometrical center, and upper and lower regions of both front and rear of the loas to be sterilized are considered suitable for placement of these indicators.
- On completion of sterilization cycle , spore strip is removed from the load and aseptically transferred into appropriate microbiological culture medium. Using sterile scissors, cut open end envelope. Thereafter remove the indicator with Sterile tweezers and aseptically transfer it to a tube of Sterile Soyabean Casein Digest Medium.
- A standard procedure should be established for the routine evaluation of each sterilizer.
- Kayospore Biological Indicator Spore Strips Cultures of Cultures of Geobacillus Stearothermophilus ATCC 7953 and Bacillus atrophaeus spores ATCC 9372 must be autoclaved at 121° C for at least 30 minutes prior to discarding.
Activation, Incubation and Result :
- Number of spores present per strip: 106, these organism are difficult to destroy because they are more resistant to heat than other vegetative bacteria and viruses. Therefore, if they are destroyed during sterilization, it is assumed that all other life forms are also destroyed. So transfer each spore strips into a tube containing Soybean Casein Digest Medium.
- This tubes should be placed in the incubator immediately after the strips are cultured. Their placement in an optimized growth environment is necessary to gain accurate results.
- Incubate at 30-35°C for 7 days, regularly checking for spore growth. Results should be read no later than 7 days after incubation.
- Clear medium indicates that the spores were killed in the sterilization process. The appearance of turbidity indicates Bacterial Growth (Positive). Any positive result, should be reported immediately to a supervisor and sterilizers taken out of service until resolved
Environmental Limitations : Storage: 60-80° F, 30-70 % RH, away from sterilizing agents, avoid Sunlight and all other forms of UV light.
|Use||Spore Strips (Dual)|
|Spore||Geobacillus Stearothermophilus ATCC 7953 and Bacillus atrophaeus spores ATCC 9372.|
|Minimum population||1.0 X 106|
|Pack size||One Pack of 100 Nos|
|Shelf life||18 months|
|Spore Carrier||6.5mm X 38mm Strip|