kayoSure Bowie Dick Test Pack-HP-10
- 121°C for 10 mins and 134°C for 3.5 mins.
- Indicator Ink Lead Free.
- Color Change – Pink to Dark brown/Black
- Comply with ISO 11140-4, TYPE 2.
- Indicator Sheet can be kept for Record.
Indications For Use : The KayoSure Air Removal Bowie-Dick Test Pack is for daily monitoring of pre-vacuum steam sterilizers operating at 121°C for 10 minutes or 134°C for 3.5 minutes.
Color Change The indicator will change to Dark brown/Black when exposed to steam sterilization cycle with acceptable vacuum cycles.
Directions For Use
The Bowie-Dick Test is conducted each day in an empty sterilizer prior to processing any loads.
1. Run a shortened cycle (omitting the drying phase) to properly heat the sterilizer.
2. Place the test pack on the bottom rack of the sterilizer nearest to the drain.
3. Run the sterilizer for 10 minutes at 121°C or 134°C for 3.5 minutes..
4. Remove the test pack from the sterilizer and allow the pack to cool. Do not place on a cold surface. Pull easy open zip tab across box front to open.
5. Remove indicator sheet from the pack and dispose remaining pack materials.
Interpretation1. If the sterilizer is functioning properly, the indicator will show a uniform color changed to Dark brown/Black through out the universal pattern. The PASS result is a universal Dark brown/Black colour all over the uniform pattern of the indicator sheet.
2. When a significant amount of residual air is present, the indicator shows a Pink area in the center/around the edges. The FAIL condition will not be uniform colour in the center or edges and some pink shade will exist over the sheet.
Storage Store unexposed packs at normal room temperature 15°– 30°C and store exposed indicator sheets away from light sources
Lot Number, Expiry Date & Manufacture Date : LOT No., Expiry Date and Manufacture Date is printed on each indicator sheet. , Expiry Date & Manufacture Date